A Portrait of Thailand is part of our best-selling travel photography workshop tours with celebrity photography, Me Ra Koh, and her husband, Brian Tausend, award winning photographer and cinematographer. Thailand is one of their favorite countries in the world. They've travelled with their kids to photograph this beautiful country eight times in the last ten years, and they are incredibly excited to take you off-the-beaten path to experience the exotic beauty and magic of "The Land of Smiles". Brian and Me Ra are even going to take you to their family's secret getaway in the south where the white sand beaches, snorkeling/diving and rock climbing is unlike anything you've ever seen!
Summary of your Portrait of Thailand tour
The tour will start briefly in Bangkok where we'll meet before flying north to Chiang Rai and the gorgeous hillside location of the Phu Chasai Mountain Resort. Here we'll relax after our journeys and start our photography exercises. Next head to Chiang Mai where we will enjoy the spectacular Loy Krathong / Yi Peng festival of lights. Next we visit an ethically run elephant sanctuary before flying south to the off-the-beaten path to the spectacular lakes and limestone cliffs of Khao Sok National Park. The tour ends at Me Ra and Brian's secret, beautiful spot (yep, we're not telling you until you're registered). You will sleep in boutique hotels, floating bamboo huts, and gorgeous Thai style homes on stilts. The country's orchid fragrances, sing-song language, sounds of the jungle's wildlife, and amazing food will inspire your senses and photography in a way you've never experienced. You will not be able to put your camera down. This 9-day Thailand photography workshop tour is a dream for both Me Ra and Brian. Their family LOVES Thailand, and they can't wait for you to fall in love with it too!
This tour is designed for ALL levels of photography. Me Ra and Brian have been teaching photography workshops and travelling abroad for over a decade. Me Ra is also one of the select Sony Artisans of Imagery, inspiring both beginners and pros. She hosts the Disney Junior show "Capture Your Story with Me Ra Koh". Whether you are a newbie who simply loves taking photos or a pro needing inspiration, this charismatic duo will take you to new levels with your camera proficiency and creativity while exploring the most gorgeous areas of Thailand. And true to their reputation, you laugh way more than you have in a long time!
Several photography workshop break-out sessions will be included during the trip. Me Ra and Brian will discuss specific shooting techniques, creative composition, lighting, editing, and best camera settings for specific situations. There will be ample time for personal feedback and hands-on help from both Me Ra and Brian. Most of all, you will have an unforgettable, life changing adventure that will take your breath away many times! There is built in time for wandering, exhaling, taking in the scenery, and always freedom to skip a photography workshop or group dinner. Me Ra and Brian are always available to enhance your experience, but we want you to feel free to take space at any time to soak up the magic of Thailand with your journal and camera alone.
If your spouse, kids, relative or friend is not a photographer but wants to experience Thailand, they are more than welcome to join us! While you do photography excursions with Me Ra and Brian, they can enjoy the white sand beaches and explore
Due to the hands-on style of this photography workshop there is limited space available and with the high demand for our tours led by Me Ra and Brian we strongly recommend booking early to secure your place.
NOTE - November 2017 now has just 2 places free and available.
See more photos of your upcoming photography tour in Thailand.
- Photo workshops, hands-on instruction, tuition and mentoring by Me Ra Koh and Brian Tausend
- Airport departure transfers to Krabi (KBV) or Phuket airports (HKT)
- Internal flights from Bangkok to Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai to Surat Thani
- 1 day-use hotel in Bangkok Novotel airport in double/twin room on room only basis
- 2 nights' accommodation in Phu Chasai Mountain Resort & Spa in double/twin room on full board basis
- 2 nights' accommodation in boutique style hotel in Chiang Mai in double/twin room on breakfast only basis
- 1 night's accommodation in basic floating raft houses in Khao Sok in double/twin room on full board basis
- 3 nights' accommodation in a mystery location in double/twin room on room only basis
- All other meals as detailed in the itinerary
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private a/c coach with driver
- Professional local guide for sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Full day visit to Elephant Nature Park
- Hotel city taxes
- International flights (available on request)
- Travel Insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for tour guide, drivers, restaurants etc.
- Arrival airport transfer (not required as hotel is in the airport)
- Any other items not mentioned above
Me Ra and Brian will host a couple of group calls prior to the trip to answer any questions and prep you with a list of suggested camera gear. Many of our students also have fun renting camera equipment for the trip. You don't need a fancy camera or lens to have the most amazing experiences or to take some great photos. As long as your camera is a DSLR (you are able to switch lenses), you're good to go! If you need suggestions on a new camera purchase, we are more than happy to help too.
Note: The final itinerary and accommodations used are subject to minor alterations subject to avaialbility and the final make up of the group.
Deposit payments are US$500 to secure your place, with final balance payments due 8 weeks before departure.