Jungles and Beaches, Thailand
The perfect introduction to tropical Thailand, this 11 day tour begins in the bustling capital Bangkok, heads south to explore the rainforests of Khao Sok National Park staying in treehouses and rafthouses, before ending with time relaxing on the beautiful island of Ko Samui.
Private tour optionIf our scheduled departure dates don’t work for you, or you would prefer not to travel with a group, then we can also run this tour privately for you. Please contact us for more information and prices.
- Day 1 Arrive into Bangkok
- Upon arrival our staff will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel in Bangkok for the start of your trip.
- Day 2 Bangkok canal & city tour. Overnight train to Surat Thani
- Today we discover historical Bangkok as we enjoy a traditional long-tail boat tour of the city’s old canals, stopping off at lively river markets to view the rituals of daily life that have hardly changed in hundreds of years. We finish with a visit to the iconic Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun) before transferring to the station with time for a snack before boarding the overnight train to Surat Thani.
OvernightOvernight train MealsBreakfast
- Day 3 Arrive in Surat Thani. Transfer to Khao Sok
- Arriving into Surat Thani this morning we then make the short journey into Khao Sok National Park. This verdant and tropical rainforest will be our home for the next 3 nights as we discover the flora and fauna unique to this part of the world. In the afternoon we take to the river for 2 hours of canoeing (or tubing!) and also visit a local temple famous for the monkeys that are kept here. Later you'll experience the night-time jungle up close by sleeping in tree houses.
OvernightTree house MealsLunch, Dinner
- Day 4 Khao Sok National Park
- We start today with a 4 hour guided trek through the beautiful Khao Sok national park whose rich flora and fauna is famous throughout Thailand. After lunch head to a local elephant camp where you can get up close to these amazing animals. Head back to your tree house via Mai Yai waterfall and spend the evening relaxing after a long day and enjoying eating some local specialities.
OvernightTree house MealsBreakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 5 Khao Sok National Park
- Leaving our tree house accommodation this morning we travel to Cheow Lan Lake and our raft houses, surrounded by the spectacular limestone cliffs and forested scenery. After lunch we trek through the nearby jungle to a beautiful local lagoon where you have the chance to explore a stunning cave, famous for its stalactite and stalagmite formations. Then, return to the Raft house for dinner and to relax under the stars.
OvernightRaft house MealsBreakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 6 Khao Sok. Travel to Ko Samui
- Today we swap the rainforest for the beautiful tropical island of Ko Samui on the South China Sea. Departing Khao Sok we travel back to Surat Thani from where we catch the ferry to the island and transfer to the hotel.
OvernightHotel in Koh Samui MealsBreakfast
- Days 7, 8, 9 Ko Samui. Free time
- The next 3 days are yours to explore the sun-drenched island of Ko Samui at your own leisure. With many incredible dive sites dotted around the island this is a great place to arrange any diving or snorkelling options or just relax on one of the islands many golden and idyllic beaches.
OvernightKo Samui Hotel MealsBreakfast
- Day 10 Ko Samui. Fly to Bangkok
- Saying farewell to our tropical island paradise we transfer to the airport for the short flight back to Bangkok. Upon arrival we transfer to the hotel.
OvernightBangkok Hotel MealsBreakfast
- Day 11 Bangkok. Departure transfer to the airport
- Free day. Transfer to the airport for departure flight.
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local tour guide during sightseeing and activities
- Admission fees, with instruction where necessary.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (eg. laundry)
- Tips for tour leader, rafting guide and park guide
- Any other items not mentioned above