INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
- We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same for business purposes to companies who act as "data processors" on our behalf, or to our service providers operating systems or business functions on our behalf (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These business purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, service quality, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
- Information (such as health or religion) may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information and sensitive personal data to us in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
Direct Marketing Material
- If you consent, we may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Our websites will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking.
- You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
- If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point 2. of "Your Rights" below.
- Upon making a data subject access request to us (for a £10 fee), you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies or to request that it be deleted.
- You may also remove your consent for us to store and use your personal data between booking your holiday and travelling on it. However this will affect our ability to operate your holiday and will result in your booking being cancelled. Our standard cancellation fees will apply.
- You have the right to ask in writing to stop receiving direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use the "unsubscribe" link in our emails or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will stop using your information in this way.
- If you think your data has been misused or that that we haven't kept it securely, you should contact us in writing or by emailing email@example.com.
If you’re unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Please write to: The Data Controller, Uncover the World Travel Ltd,
Head Office: Leigh House, Varley Street, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AN, United Kingdom.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. In all cases we will only share personal data that is required in order to successfully operate your holiday.
Data Retention and Removal
- If you have booked a holiday with us, we will retain your data for a maximum of 5 years after the date of your last travel with us. We retain your data for this period to allow us to manage complaints, legal claims, requests about repeat bookings and other insurance requirements. You have the right to request that we delete your data prior to this time and we will do so to the extent we are permitted by law. You should understand that such deletion of your data during this period may affect our ability to respond to complaints or legal claims.
- If you enquire about a holiday but do not end up making a booking, we will retain your data for a maximum of 3 years from the date of your enquiry. You have the right to request that we delete your data earlier than this - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to do this.
- If you opt in to marketing emails we will retain your data until you opt out via the unsubscribe option available in all emails we will send you, or until you contact us via other methods to request that we remove you from the list, or until we cease sending such marketing emails.
Use of Tools/"Cookies" and Links to Other Websites
If our contact and dealing with you is via our website(s), we may use HTTP cookies. These cookies allow us to identify your computer but not you personally.
We may use information we hold and cookies to identify your individual website behaviour, searches, preferences, facilitate your activities on our website(s) and provide you with services and offers. For example:-
- If you also receive our email marketing, we may tailor the information we send you unless you tell us not to. This will enable us to send you more personalised and relevant communications. You can opt-out of this personalisation by writing to the Data Controller at the address listed above.
- When you are on our website, we may interact with you and/or provide you with personalised information. We do this by using cookies to identify your individual website behaviour which allows us to provide you with more relevant personalised promotions.
- When you are online but off our site, to help us deliver advertising effectively and avoid repeating adverts, we employ cookies. These cookies allow us to provide advertising off site which is more relevant to a user's interests. The information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain a user's name, address, telephone number or email address.
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; and (3) transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Changes to This Policy
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, or made available on request.